ILL NANA/DiverseCity Dance Company- is a queer multiracial dance company that embraces difference as strength and are committed to changing the landscape of dance by performing our stories on stage as well as providing more accessible education and performance opportunities for LGBTTIQQ2S communities prioritizing people of colour, various body types, backgrounds, classes, and abilities. ILL NANA/DCDC coordinates and facilitates Right To Dance: free affirming drop-in dance classes and 2 month intensive. We also are part of the Making a Stage For Our Stories Organizing Team!
We’ve had a huge year and are taking the fall to reflect. Our focus in the next couple of months through to 2017, will be on a growth through restructuring, finding sustainable funding sources and expanding our team. If you are interested in being a part of the team on a long term basis or volunteer short term, get in touch!
During this period of growth, RTD programming (Saturday Drop-ins and the Intensive) will be on hiatus. Please help us spread the word, we know that these classes are special to many people. We will continue to share other opportunities to move and dance on the Right to Dance Facebook group.
Finally, we are still booking workshops and performances during this time, please get in contact with us!
- Right To Dance Intensive Showcase Apr 21 & 22
- APPLY to Dancing Our Lives at the Allied Media Conference Jun 16-19 2016
- Happy Holidays from ILL NANA/DCDC!
- it’s december – dance with us!
- BACK FOR FALL – RIGHT TO DANCE: Drop In Classes
- join us at Pride!
- 7 Days Left to Apply to Making A Stage For Our Stories
- THANK YOU FOR YOU SUPPORT
- we’re fundraising for the 2 Month Intensive Program!!