ILL NANA/DiverseCity Dance Company- is a queer multiracial dance company that embraces difference as strength and are committed to changing the landscape of dance by performing our stories on stage as well as providing more accessible education and performance opportunities for LGBTTIQQ2S communities prioritizing people of colour, various body types, backgrounds, classes, and abilities. ILL NANA/DCDC coordinates and facilitates Right To Dance: free affirming drop-in dance classes and 2 month intensive. We also are part of the Making a Stage For Our Stories Organizing Team!
Updates for Right To Dance & Our dance programming:
The Drop ins & 2 Month Intensive are still on hiatus at the 519.
(Check out our FB page for updates on classes around the city)
Outside of the collective, as independent artists/facilitators, check out:
- Body Love with Dainty Smith and Ravyn Wings at The 519 &
- Feel Ur Body Ballet & Contemporary Dance for Adults & Beginners with Sze-Yang at Six Degrees
2017 we are continuing to focus growth through restructuring, finding sustainable funding sources and expanding our team. If you are interested in helping us grow contact us. 🙂 We are still booking workshops and performances during this time, please get in contact with us!
- Fall with ILL NANA/DCDC
- Right To Dance Intensive Showcase Apr 21 & 22
- APPLY to Dancing Our Lives at the Allied Media Conference Jun 16-19 2016
- Happy Holidays from ILL NANA/DCDC!
- it’s december – dance with us!
- BACK FOR FALL – RIGHT TO DANCE: Drop In Classes
- join us at Pride!
- 7 Days Left to Apply to Making A Stage For Our Stories
- THANK YOU FOR YOU SUPPORT